No Brakes Games are looking for a Game / Level Designer to join the team. You’ll be hands-on creating our next game, designing & creating content which excites and engages our players.
Built on the phenomenal success of Human: Fall Flat, we have opened a new studio in Tenerife, and are looking for a proactive and creative individual to join us.
You’ll be joining at the beginning of the development cycle, so this is a real opportunity to be hands-on prototyping mechanics and levels, working with the Lead Designer to prepare the game for full Production. In this role, you can make a significant contribution to not only the game, but also the studio as we want employees to feel empowered in developing the team culture.
You will need to be hands-on in engine, demonstrating a passion for designing levels, building prototypes and proving out solid mechanics. You will also need to have a good understanding of the player audience.
This role is located in Tenerife and will provide a relocation package and competitive salary for the right candidate.
(Please note that we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this role & candidates must have the existing right to work within the EU)
- Building content and levels in Unity.
- Coming up with mechanics and contributing ideas to the design process.
- Identifying features and functionality of the game with the Lead Designer.
- Being vocal in level reviews, sharing feedback and thoughts with the team.
- Analysing and responding appropriately to player feedback and user testing.
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple disciplines.
- Researching and communicating trends in competing titles.
- Creating documentation as required.
- Sharing knowledge of best design practices with the team where relevant.
- The ability to demonstrate level design skills, either through a Portfolio, or prior professional experience.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn new and develop existing skills.
- Quality focused, with a “player-first” approach.
Nice to have:
- Proficient in Unity.
- C# scripting skills.
- Experience developing prototypes in engine.
- 2+ years, preferably in a level design role.
- Experience developing games for PC or Console platforms.
- Knowledge of version control such as Github.
- Knowledge of Twitch/YouTube influencers and streaming.
- Experience in physics games/3D platformers.
Apply today by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org