No Brakes Games are looking for an experienced Game Designer to join them as they embark on creating their next game, designing & creating content which excites and engages their players.
Built on the phenomenal success of Human: Fall Flat, a new studio has been established in Tenerife where they are looking for a proactive and creative individual to join their team.
You’ll be joining at the beginning of the development cycle, so this is a real opportunity to be hands-on prototyping mechanics and levels, working with the Lead Designer to prepare the game for full Production. In this role, you can make a significant contribution to not only the game, but also the studio as we want employees to feel empowered in developing the team culture.
The ideal candidate will need to be hands-on in engine, demonstrating a passion for designing levels, building prototypes and proving out solid mechanics. They will also need to have a good understanding of the player audience.
This role is located in Tenerife and will provide a relocation package and competitive salary for the right candidate.
(Please note that we are unable to provide Visa Sponsorship for this role & candidates must have the existing right to work within the EU)
- Building content and levels in Unity.
- Coming up with mechanics and contributing ideas to the design process.
- Identifying features and functionality of the game with the Lead Designer.
- Being vocal in level reviews, sharing feedback and thoughts with the team.
- Analysing and responding appropriately to player feedback and user testing.
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple disciplines.
- Researching and communicating trends in competing titles.
- Creating documentation as required.
- Sharing knowledge of best design practices with the team where relevant.
- 2+ years in a design role.
- Highly proficient in Unity.
- Experience developing games for PC or Console platforms.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing prototypes in Unity.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn new and develop existing skills.
- Knowledge of version control such as Visual Studio.
- Quality focused, with a “player-first” approach when considering what is fun and game design.
Nice to have:
- C# scripting skills.
- Knowledge of Twitch/YouTube influencers and streaming.
- Experience in physics games/3D platformers.
Apply today by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org