We are looking for Level Designer or Senior Level Designer to join the team. You’ll be hands-on creating our next game, designing & creating content which excites and engages our players.
Built on the phenomenal success of Human: Fall Flat, we have opened a new studio in Tenerife, and are looking for a proactive and creative individual to join us.
You’ll be joining early in the development cycle, so this is a real opportunity to be hands-on prototyping mechanics and levels, working with the Lead Designer to prepare the game for full Production. In this role, you can make a significant contribution to not only the game, but also the studio as we want employees to feel empowered in developing the team culture.
You will need to be hands-on in engine, demonstrating a passion for designing levels, building prototypes and proving out solid mechanics. You will also need to have a good understanding of the physics and the player audience.
This role is located in Tenerife and will provide a relocation package and competitive salary for the right candidate.
- Design and implement level layouts that feature great composition, flow and mechanic progression in Unity.
- Create and build level mechanics that feel great to play.
- Show real ownership and work actively to iterate and improve the playerexperience.
- Identify features and functionality of the game with the Lead Designer.
- Be vocal in level reviews, sharing feedback and thoughts with the team.
- Analyse and respond appropriately to player feedback and user testing.
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple disciplines.
- Research and communicate trends in competing titles.
- Create documentation as required.
- Share knowledge of best design practices with the team where relevant.
- The ability to demonstrate level design skills, either through a Portfolio and prior professional experience.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Quality focused, with a “player-first” approach.
- Experience developing games for PC or Console platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn new and develop existing skills.